Keep Up To Date
Subscribe to our newsletter,
Our approach to Evaluations
|All Client comments
"BP&E Global did an excellent job which was delivered on time, within budget, and which added considerable value to the workings of the Committee and the ICAEW. I would strongly recommend their work.” Audit Committee Chairman, Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
"BP&E Global carried out a Board Effectiveness review for our holding company and two subsidiary boards, plus the related board committees. We were very pleased with the way the review was carried out and the clear and detailed action plan that was recommended as a result of the review. They approached the review in a collaborative and pragmatic way showing great sensitivity in dealing with any challenges on the way." Babloo Ramamurthy, Independent Chairman of the B&CE Group
Our approach is highly bespoke and we ensure that the individuals conducting the evaluation are familiar with the FRC UK Corporate Governance Code, financial services and regulation. As importantly we believe they should understand the dynamics of your market, have experience of working with or on Boards and bring highly developed communication skills.
We are known for our ability to tackle delicate or controversial issues that a Board is concerned about which can arise from structures and people. We have the coaching and interpersonal skills to do this combined with the integrity to raise issues in a constructive way.
When you contact us we ask questions and do some research ourselves before making a proposal. We agree your individual objectives for the Board Review with you and this shapes our approach.
We pay particular attention to those issues that have come to the fore through previous reviews, current regulator areas of focus and consider:
- The effectiveness of the Board (group performance, committees and relationships with stakeholders)
- The role of Chairman
- How the Board spends its time
- Strategy and performance objectives
- Decision making and suitable challenge on issues
- The role, responsibilities, suitability and contributions of Board members
- Board member support and on-going development
- Board composition and diversity
- Information flows and presentations, including reporting to shareholders and stakeholders
We agree your individual objectives for the Board Review with you before we commence work on your Board Evaluation.
Normally we take a three phased approach which typically includes:
- Analysis (Previous reviews Board documentation, composition, controls, questionnaires, etc.)
- Observation (Board, Committees and Individual Interviews)
- Report (Draft and Final providing our findings, conclusions and recommendations)
Your Board evaluation has to be meaningful to you or we haven't done our job properly in supporting you to create a more effective Board.
As a first step why not call us to discuss the options and what you hope to achieve.
BP&E Global - because Board Performance Matters