Keep Up To Date
Subscribe to our newsletter,
Association of Financial Mutuals
|Services for Associations
We work with a number of industry bodies, institutes and associations and provide:
- Bespoke events tailored to address the sectors main concerns
- Expert speakers on governance, board evaluations and senior management requirements
- Webinar presentation to reach the whole membership
- Articles covering topical areas of interest to Directors and Non Executive Directors in the sector.
|Key Clients in this sector
- Benenden Healthcare Society Ltd
- Ancient Order of Foresters Friendly Society Ltd
- Cirencester Friendly Society Ltd
- Metropolitan Police Friendly Society Ltd
Railway Enginemen's Association Society Ltd
- The Shepherds Friendly Society Ltd
- UIA (Insurance) Ltd
|"BP&E Global performed a thorough external evaluation of our Board in 2017, we found working with BP&E to be highly rewarding as the evaluation was carried out to a very professional standard. The recommendations were insightful and very useful to our governance process, helping to stimulate the debate necessary to move the company forward."Chair UIA Mutual Insurance Ltd read more
Article: Succeeding in your PRA/FCA Interview
however, we have seen an increasingly tough approach to determining who has the requisite
technical skills, competencies, and behaviours to undertake a particular role in a firm. Read more
We work extensively with members of the Association of Financial Mutuals who have a diverse and geographically spread membership. We provide assistance to Boards helping them to understand the (ever changing) regulatory framework in the UK and how to improve their effectiveness.
In our experience there are particular challenges for Boards in this sector:
- Understanding the impact of the new Senior Manager regime and what regulators are looking for when they ask questions
- Managing the diverse range of knowledge and experience of Directors, many of whom are not from a financial services
- Balancing the need to adopt regulations designed for profit making entities with the mutual concept
BP&E Global provide a dedicated service for Boards
offering evaluation, executive coaching, and regulatory insights.
We address both
the policy and people aspects of Board performance through a combination of:
understanding of the sector
of regulatory and legal requirements and the latest thinking on governance
and coaching expertise to fully analyse the issues and address them
- Independent support for Directors through the S166 process
Always up-to-date with regulatory and governance developments
we speak regularly at conferences on board performance matters and write
articles for publication by specialist magazines and websites such as Governance
and Compliance, ICSA, Complinet, and Thomson Reuters.
Judy Delaforce, our CEO has worked as a Regulator and at Board and Senior Management level with a wide range of organisations in the financial services industry, frequently including those from a variety of overseas ownership, locations and cultures. Her speciality is Board evaluations.
The BP&E Global team bring together a unique mix of recent regulatory and compliance insight combined with experience of working with over 1000 Board members and their Boards to develop their approach to governance and oversight.
We also employ carefully selected consultants,
all of whom have worked in the financial services industry, and are
appropriately qualified and experienced to deliver consultancy and training
Call us to discuss your particular challenges and requirements on +44 (0) 20 7764 0721.
BP&E Global – because Board Performance Matters