Keep Up To Date
Subscribe to our newsletter,
Board Evaluation Briefing
Judy Delaforce is the Chief Executive and specialises in development of Leadership and individual potential which she combines with an excellent insight into business and regulation. She leads the international Board Development services for BP&E and has led board evaluations for a wide range of financial services and FTSE 350 organisations.
Judy is an international Programme Leader and has worked at Board and Senior Manager level with a wide range of organisations, primarily regulatory bodies and the City. She is a Member of the European Mentoring & Coaching Council, European Corporate Governance Institute, and was on the 21C Leadership Diversity working party.
As a consultant Judy combines an excellent understanding of business issues with highly developed coaching and presentation skills. She is trained in a variety of disciplines and is a NLP Master Practitioner. As part of an MA in Coaching thesis she undertook significant research into presenting at Board level and to large groups. She works with individuals and organisations alike to achieve the desired behaviours and improved skills. Judy is an independent panelist for NED selection interviews and was, for a number of years, a judge for the Reuters Governance and Compliance awards. She is a regular writer for the ICAEW Finance & Management Magazine, Thomson Reuters Complinet, and the Institute of Turnaround on Board issues.
You and your team will spend valuable time and money on an evaluation. Before you do so consider a Board Evaluation Briefing. This will help you choose the best approach for the next few years and give you useful tips on how to proceed to best advantage.
Effective board evaluations can add value to the company and make sure that the board works together as an effective team. UK regulation encourages boards to undertake more frequent evaluations of their performance and in some cases insist that independent evaluations are undertaken.
You will gain insights into the wide variety of approaches taken, what works and what often doesn't. It will bring you up to date with the requirements of the UK Corporate Governance Code and help you to consider the options available to your board to improve performance at organisational, board and individual member levels.
Attending our Board evaluation briefing will help Board members to:
- Make an informed choice about what you want from your board evaluation
- Identify the best approach from those commonly used
- Recognise the pros and cons of internal versus independent evaluations
- Set an appropriate scope for the exercise
- Consider who should own and lead the review
- Act on the results - achieving real benefits
- Find good sources of help and guidance
Who should attend
Our focused briefing has been specifically designed for all those involved in supporting Board level governance and performance, from Board chairmen, to Non-executive Directors and Company Secretaries.
The detailed agenda
1. Why are evaluations useful?
- Background to the focus on board reviews
- Why undertake an evaluation?
- Pros and cons of internal versus external evaluations
- The potential benefits from reviews
2. Leading the exercise
- The role of the chairman and senior independent director
- Who should undertake the assessment
- Including Committees
- The importance of independence, skills and track record of the evaluator
3. Conducting the evaluation
- Documents for review
- The process - questionnaires, interviews and group discussion
- Reporting findings and board discussions
- How best to capture the key findings
- Integrating with other key events and the board calendar
4. Using the results
- Implementing the result and follow up actions for the board
- Communication in the annual report
- Communication with shareholders and regulators
Book this briefing for your Board now by calling BP&E Global on +44 (0) 20 7764 0721 or email Info@bpandeglobal.com
BP&E Global - because Board Performance Matters